Why Mini-Grants for Teachers?
Every day, teachers are faced with keeping children interested and challenged with few resources beyond basic curriculum. Limited school budgets often cannot support the creative ideas and enriching material teachers want to bring to their classrooms to meet student needs.
We recognize that students come from diverse backgrounds, have different
How Does it Work?
Through a very simple application process, K-12 teachers can apply for grant funding to provide enriching academic experiences in their classrooms.
Typical grant awards range from $50— $150.
Our objective is to encourage and support teachers who have great ideas for creative use of curriculum that will provide enhanced learning experiences for students. Mini Grants enable the purchase of special materials and resources for the classroom and are intended to support projects that are not provided for within school budgets or through other means.
All grant recipients are expected to report on the expenditure of grant funds and results of the supported project within 90 days of the award.
Who Can Apply?
All Buffalo Public Schools K-12 teachers are encouraged to apply.
Applications are reviewed by a panel comprised of foundation administration, teachers and administrators in the district.
Every school in the District is eligible to receive a maximum of $300 in Mini-Grants funding.
No more than one grant will be awarded per teacher per year.
- Purpose/Objectives of the Project: Why is the grant needed? How will it affect students?
- Program Description and Activities: Are the project activities related to project objectives?
- Program Evaluation: Are the plans for evaluating the project realistic and measurable?
- Budget: Is it reasonable and sufficiently detailed?
- Overall Assessment: Does the project meet a special, specific needs?
- Is it a novel or creative approach to learning?
- Will it engage the students and stimulate their desire to learn?